Send is administered by Guildford Borough Council and Surrey County Council. Its parliamentary constituency is Mole Valley and the current MP is Paul Beresford, a Conservative.
It is bordered by the A3 and the Wey Navigation.
There is a mixture of housing, some listed and historical and others of varying ages through to very modern.
The Parish has two newsagents and a Post Office plus a number of other retail outlets, a fish and chip shop/ Chinese takeaway, an Indian Restaurant and a licensed cafe. There are two pubs, the New Inn beside the beautiful Wey Navigation, which is popular with passing narrowboats; and the Saddlers Arms in Send Marsh.
There are two play areas, one on the Send Road recreation ground, and the other in Maple Road, Send Marsh. Both are well-equipped and well-used.
There is a well-equipped medical centre and a petrol station. There are 2 churches, St Mary's Church of England and the Evangelical Church. The RC church became disused in 2010.
There is a very busy village hall known as the Lancaster Hall, a Church Rooms and an affiliated Social Club.
For entertainment, there are theatres and cinemas, pubs, bars and clubs in both Guildford and Woking. As well as the Guildford Specturm, you can swim at the Pool in the Park in Woking. There is also a leisure centre, a skate park and crazy golf and tennis courts in Woking Park. Chessington and Thorpe Park theme parks are both within easy driving distance.
Local Places of Interest
North of Guildford, a little way downstream, almost encircled by the River Wey is the Tudor Sutton Place. Built in 1530 by Sir Richard Weston, a favourite of Henry VIII. Sir Richard Weston served on the jury that condemned Buckingham and was given Sutton Place on the day of Buckingham's execution in the Tower. Sir Richard's son, Francis Sutton was a lover of Anne Boleyn and lost his head over the affair. A couple of generations later, during the time of Charles I and Oliver Cromwell another Sir Richard Weston was responsible for turning the Wey into a navigable waterway. Sir Richard Weston was also an agricultural reformer and introduced a new three crop rotation of clover, flax and turnips. He also introduced into Surrey the grass Nonsuch. Within Sutton Place is the blood stained ruff of St Thomas More and a crystal pomegranate that once belonged to Catherine of Aragon.
Almost opposite, across the river from Sutton Place lies Send Church. The church has a 13th century chancel, 15th century tower and nave and a Tudor gallery.
To the east of Guildford, at West Clandon, is Clandon House, seat of the Onslow family. The present Palladian-style house (c 1730) was built for Lord Onslow. At nearby East Clandon is the Georgian Hatchlands Park (c 1750), built for Admiral Boscawen (who defeated the French at Lagos Bay, 18th Cent). The interior was designed by Robert Adam on his return from Italy and Dalmatia. It houses the Cobbe Collection, a fine collection of musical instruments.
One of the major attractions of the area is RHS Wisley. This is the show garden of the Royal Horticultural Society, which attracts visitors from all over the country. As well as the gardens, Wisley hosts an annual music festival, in June each year.
Beyond Wisley, in the village of Cobham, the grounds of Painshill Park (18th Cent) have been carefully restored to their former glory. Mathew Arnold lived at Pains Hill Cottage.